The Dripless Fuel Nozzle
Prior Art Search
Test Fixture Design/Construction
- Customer: Mobile Re-fueling start-up (Netherlands)
- Problem: When re-fueling vehicles, there was a risk of dripping fuel on customers’ property.
- Solution: Create a device that could be retrofitted on to a fuel nozzle to prevent and/or capture excess fuel.
2. Rapid Prototyping – Prototypes were created and tested daily, with optimizations worked into each iteration. An FDM style 3-D printer and laser cutter were utilized to build these rapid prototypes.
3. Testing – Phase one testing was conducted on a standalone test fixture. Phase two included trials with passenger vehicles using both gasoline and diesel fuels.
- 12 fully functional prototypes were delivered to the Netherlands-based customer for fatigue life testing.
- US Patent filing: ‘Dripless Adaptor for Fuel Nozzle: US WO2018169845A1